I love trying new products and I love nothing more than trying as many products as I possibly can. Unfortunately this little habit of mine tends to be really expensive and I end up with way more products than I’ll actually use. It is this reason that I love value sets, they contain the best of both worlds: lots of products and a much smaller price tag. Sephora (as always) is my favorite place to go, because their value sets tend to have a theme, it might be a certain type of product or it will be inspired by a city or a lifestyle. This is a wonderful thing because it makes it possible to try lots of products of all different brands and price ranges. It is also wonderful to be able to try out many products so you can narrow down the one that works best for you. So the other day when I saw that the highly anticipated Sun Safety Kit ($32) was released I just had to give in to my obsession and pick it up, along with another set called Chic It Easy ($49).
One of my favorite sets that Sephora makes is their yearly Sun Safety Kit ($32) because it contains products that are the latest and greatest in sunscreen technology. I’m a bit of a sunscreen junky so I get really excited about this set every year. In this year’s Sun Safety Kit you can expect to find 15 sunscreens that do more than protect skin from UV rays. The kit includes products for the face and body that come in various formulas including: primer, BB cream, setting spray, lib balm, moisturizer, tanner, and a few typical sunscreens that are full of skin benefiting ingredients. Each sample comes in a decent size that has enough product for you to really get to know it, a highly underrated feature that won’t leave you feeling ripped off. The list of products include:
– 0.23 oz Algenist’s Sublime Defense Anti‐Aging Blurring Moisturizer SPF 30
– 0.35 oz Boscia’s B.B. Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 27 PA++
– 0.3 oz Clarins’ UV Plus Anti‐Pollution SPF 50 Sunscreen
– 0.34 oz Coola’s Makeup Setting Spray SPF30
– 0.17 oz Dr.Jart +’s Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45
– 0.25 oz Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare’s Dark Spot Sun Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen
– 0.7 oz Fresh’s Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
– 0.25 oz Kate Somerville’s Daily Deflector Moisturizer, Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ PA+++
– 0.25 oz MDSOLARSCIENCES’ Mineral Crème SPF 50
– 0.17 oz Murad’s Invisiblur Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF30 | PA+++
– 0.5 oz Peter Thomas Roth’s Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 30
– 0.6 oz Shiseido’s Ultimate Sun Protection Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Water Resistant (80 Minutes) Sunscreen WetForce
– 1.69 oz St. Tropez’s Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion
– 0.5 oz Supergroup!’s Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50
– 0.23 oz Tarteguard’s 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30
So far my favorite products in this set are Algenist’s Moisturizer because it blurs imperfections and mattifies the skin, Murad’s Invisiblur Primer for the same reason as the moisturizer and because it helps my makeup last longer, and both the Coola and Supergroup Makeup Setting Sprays because I love the idea of setting my makeup while also getting another layer of sunscreen. I found these products to be the most unique in the set and added something to my skincare/makeup routine that I didn’t already have a product for. Don’t get me wrong all of the other sunscreens are amazing and are worth trying out, but I’ll be honest I’m pale for a reason (I can’t even count the number of sunscreens in my collection).
The other set I purchased was the Chic it Easy set ($49). I must admit that I was instantly drawn to this set because of the full size Touche Éclat and the Beauty Elixir (two of my favorite things), but I got it in the end because most of the products in this set are things that I will actually use, and let’s be real I would love to feel Parisian if only for a day. The other products in this kit are also really wonderful. If you are into dry shampoo Klorane’s product is the one for you, it is beloved by hair artists in Hollywood because it gives the perfect amount of grip to the hair to create tousled waves. Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer is also really good because it gives a nice glow to the skin, unfortunately the one in this kit is too dark for me (if only I could’ve chosen the shade I received!). I’m really happy with this value set and highly recommend everything because the products are excellent and worth trying out for yourself, the full list of products include:
– 0.14 oz Atelier’s Cologne in Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue
– 1 oz Caudalie’s Beauty Elixir
– 0.13 oz Formula X’s The Colors Nail Polish in Pyrotechnic
– 1 oz Klorane’s Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
– 1 oz Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 in Nude
– 0.01 oz Make Up For Ever’s Aqua XL Eye Pencil in M-10
– 0.11 oz NARS’ Cosmetics Lipstick in Jungle Red
– 0.1 oz Yves Saint Laurent’s Touche Éclat in No. 2 Luminous Ivory
If you have yet to try out Sephora’s Value Sets I highly recommend looking into them, they tend to contain a mix of full and sample sized products with prices that are lower than the cost of the products if you bought them on their own.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post!